We (the Castillo family) and Beth are headed back to Haiti tomorrow! I know there haven’t been many postings the last few weeks but that’s about to change! September is a busy month for the Mole Ministry! I wanted to update you with a list of things you can expect to see this month as well as things you can begin praying about!
1) We purchased and packed 185 Solar Lights that will be hand-delivered to the dark homes surrounding the Mole. Each light will come with a powerful message and testimony! Be praying that we will plant seeds and begin to change lives through this Evangelism Program.
2) Thanks to Mt Byrd CC we packed three suitcases full of medical supplies! We will also be purchasing large gallons of medications in PAP before heading to the Mole! This will allow my pediatric clinic to now run 3 days a week! What a blessing!
3) Our construction project on the campus this month is the School! We hope to have it built by November. Things in Haiti are often slower than they should be! Pray that we will be able to move right along with this. Our hope is to have the school and cafeteria finished by January so we can begin to take in orphans.
4) We have a group coming September 10th-17th. They will be ministering to our single moms, hosting sports camps and VBS for the children, doing construction, & ministering to our fishing villages. They will also be handing out many of the Charcoal trees that were planted on our property in June.
5) We have another group September 23th-30th. They have many projects planned! One is helping us set up our nutritional program. We will be looking for 100 children under the age of 10 who are in 2nd/3rd degree malnutrition.
6)We are having our first wedding in Preskul! We have a professional journalist heading to the Mole with Diane Cornelius (The Wedding Lady) to write an article about the Wedding Ministry. This article will be featured in USA TODAY WEEKEND! How crazy awesome is that!!!
7) September 18th-23rd is our 2nd Annual Women’s Conference! I am SUPER excited about this. Last year we had several hundred come. We are hoping for an even larger turn out this year now that the town has come to know us personally! Most importantly we pray that lives will be forever changed by this event! Please pray that along with us.
Well – that gives you a little run-down of what you can be expecting this month! We are SO excited to be back in Haiti ministering to our lovely Mole people!