Today was a beautiful Sunday morning! Last year Haiti did not change time… this year they decided to. It seems like everyone got the message except the Pastor & the band…who showed up an hour late! So church went from 8:30-12:30 today!
We had three incredible helpers in Children’s Church! You may have seen the short video on Facebook of Khalil – who was our Goliath! We wanted the kids to know what it might feel like to knock down a giant… so 52 kids got the chance to be David and sling a tennis ball at our giant! He took it like a champ! 🙂
This afternoon the group rested, hit the beach, and played with the orphans! We had a great team meeting before dinner so we can hit the ground running first thing tomorrow!
After dinner we did a little bit of line dancing… while we waited for the orphans & our campus staff to arrive for Movie Night!
FYI – This is our first team since the Hurricane/Flooding… which was the first week of October. This town – our orphans – our staff – our street children… they are starved for the interaction… to be held, tickled, played with, & loved on. I LOVE seeing their faces beam once again and to see the twinkling in their eyes return.
And you know what I realized as I walked home tonight… they’re not the only ones who were starving for interaction… so was my family… so was Beth & Susan. Thank you for raising such incredible young adults & for allowing them to take this journey here! Thank you for believing in the ministry – for sharing your family with ours. I can’t tell you how much they have renewed our spirit! I have laughed more in these two days than in weeks…. maybe even months.
All that to be said – I thought you all might appreciate the update since Brad & Randy’s Daily Adventure listed below – actually included very little about the day! LOL!
MORNING: We’ve got Hut-to-Hut Evangelism and a traveling VBS in Karenage – which is a 25 minute walk from town. We also have a construction crew that will be collecting rocks & filling in the foundation of our Elderly Home/Family Refuge Center.
AFTERNOON: We will begin our 3-day VBS from 1-3pm & our 3-day Teen Conference from 3-5pm.
Brad & Randy’s Daily Adventure (Year 2)
To our Fans (Shout out to Debbie McDaniel, we love you): It’s been approximately 367.25 days since we have last blogged from our international studios based here at the Mole. Last year we were shook that we became world-renowned bloggers and some might dare say celebrities? From Haiti to the USA to Texas.
Here at the Mole, it’s been wild!
One thing we have learned by being international bloggers is that the fans want to know personal intimate details about our lives. So this stays between you and us (Brad and Randy) and all of the internet and world….
1. The guys have Air conditioned cabins, continental breakfast, Jacuzzis, room service, massages, therapy dogs, and our very own counselor to debrief our day. (Please, whatever you do, don’t tell the girls that we have it better than them)!
2. Many of you guys are wondering, did we continue Chaco abstinence or did we conform to the world and get Chacos. Let me tell you, we are proud to say that we completely sold out. Not only are we better missionaries, but everyone can see our grotesque feet.
3. Some of you have commented about us not having to take the bus, don’t worry, we are already dreading the return trip. We tried depicting to the newcomers, but they think we are overhyping the ordeal. Between us, we haven’t even begun to include the whole story. Multiple head concussions, chickens pecking at your feet (but free food), dirt filled lungs, and a multitude of bruises. Our only hope is for Jesus to come soon.
In summary, no roosters or pat the rat have made guest experiences at the middle of the night. Our sound proof walls are doing an excellent job preventing unnecessary occurrences. For the girls, we cannot report the same. If you are wearing Chaco’s or not, we hope you enjoy this snippet of what God is doing here at the Mole.
Daily Tracker of funny things happening here:
1. Khalil’s famous phrase of “That’s Wild” (Please in your comments, say that’s wild, because comments are read aloud) -6 times
a. If he says it 20 times, he has to do 40 pushups.
2. Kissing our Pastor’s bald head- 2 times by Bullet. This is a competition, but Bullet might be the only one actually competing.
Stay tuned for updates, funny stories, and spending time with your two favorite bloggers. From all of us at the Mole, This was Brad and Randy’s Daily Adventure ( Year Two). Stay blessed, avoid busses, acquire Chacos.
Hey Madison, thank you so much for the sweet comment and prayers! I love you guys too and I’ll be sure and stay on all that medication! Love, you!!
Momma and Daddy,
Hearing your comment brought tears to my eyes! I miss you both so extremely much! Know that my heart is filled with so much joy and I am so content to be back in my favorite place. Yesterday (Saturday), I fell asleep four different times through out the day; once on a concrete slab while playing with the orphans, twice on the picnic tables, and then as soon as we made our beds. I am getting my sleep, because we all know how badly I need it!!! Cant wait to tell you all about the trip! Love you both so much, and thank you for always unconditionally loving me. See you soon!!
Love Claire Bear ❤
Please feel free to leave comments! Comments will be read at dinner each evening. I wish you could have heard the team laugh as we read them tonight! Ya’ll have a good night now you hear! 🙂